Why Do You Need a Care & Maintenance Plan for Your WordPress site?
Your website is important. It’s your online brand presence, a sales tool and it may be your primary source for marketing and/or revenue. Just like your car, your WordPress website needs to be maintained on a regular basis. A website maintenance plan is an excellent way of keeping your website up to date while keeping your costs to a minimum. It is also a great way of ensuring you will be able to get help when you need it.
Having a maintenance plan gives you peace of mind knowing your site is in good hands and well taken care of. Your site will be regularly checked, optimized, and backed up. Webb Weavers Consulting’s website maintenance plans include much more than just backups and updating WordPress.
All WordPress Website Care & Maintenance Plans include:
- Performance Reviews to monitor uptime
- Database Optimization, to ensure your website loads quickly for a great visitor experience
- Hardening & fixing potential threats before they become a problem
- Security Scans and monitoring for malicious code, vulnerabilities, and corrupt files
- Spam Filtering and Cleansing
- Weekly, Daily, or Hourly Database and Filesystem Backups
- Cloud-based backups of your entire WordPress website
- Updates to Plugins and WordPress core as needed – with backups done before updates and verification of your website functioning properly after updates completed
- Monthly Reports summarizing care and maintenance completed
- Access to our handy WordPress Tutorial Videos, help readily available 24/7
- Personal Support for your website, from quick questions to one-on-one user training to content updates done for you
When talking about WordPress security, many folks respond with “We’re not selling anything on our website, so security isn’t important” or “We don’t have anything on our website that people would want to steal”. However, keeping your WordPress website secure is about keeping your site protected against hackers. And this keeps visitors to your website safe from malware or viruses that unsecure sites can be infected with. See more about keeping your WordPress website protected here.
Optimum website performance is also an important factor in ranking well in search results. Google looks for evidence that effort is being made to keep the website up to date and running smoothly. Having a website maintenance plan in place helps ensure that your site is indeed well cared for while you focus on running your business. See more benefits of a WordPress maintenance plan here.
Have you ever thought about what your content would cost you to replace?
Time is money. And whether your business is small, large, or somewhere in between, your content is worth the time you’ve invested in it: writing posts, creating pages, and making little tweaks to make sure everything is perfect.
Let’s say the minimum amount of time it takes to write a (good) blog post or a page is 30 minutes. Although we all probably spend a lot more time on content than that. So what’s your time really worth? When you do the numbers, you realize what you’ve invested in your site and what it would take to replace it if you lost it all.
TIP: To figure out your hourly rate, divide your annual salary by 2080 hours, assuming you work a standard 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year.
As an example: If your site has 40 posts and 40 pages, and your time is worth $50 per hour, having worked on each post or page for at least 30 minutes, the cost to replace that content is $2000, or more.
Debbie is professional, knowledgeable, and fast! I would highly recommend her services…. I’m already getting more calls, thank you for whatever you are doing!
— Dr. Nancy Irwin, Hypnotherapist & Bestselling Author
See more testimonials and reviews about working with Webb Weavers Consulting and Debbie Gadbois
Are you ready for regular Care & Maintenance of your WordPress Website? Contact Debbie today to get started: